The Office of Research and Economic Development provides leadership, education and oversight to support scholarly investigation and research at UC Merced.
- Act as a catalyst for advancing the research mission of UC Merced
- Provide service and resources that enhance research and other creative endeavors
- Enhance partnerships and collaborations with government, industry and other research enterprises
- Develop infrastructure and policy that promote creativity and an entrepreneurial culture
- Ensure that policies and educational programs promote a culture of innovation and a culture of compliance on the UC Merced campus
- Communicate to the general public and to state, national and international decision-makers the value of UC Merced research in enhancing quality of life